1 What areas of risk management do you cover?
At Stark Risk we take an Enterprise Risk Management view covering all areas of: Financial Risk (Market, Credit and Liquidity); and, Non-Financial Risks (Operational, Strategic, Cyber, Fraud, Compliance, Human Resource, Culture, Business Continuity, etc).
2 What sectors, markets and geographies do you cover?
All, we have a team of highly experienced and professional risk practitioners covering all market sectors and industries - regardless of location and whether or not you are a for-profits organisation or not-for profits organisation. We also work with all sizes of companies from start-ups and small/medium enterprises to large corporations.
3 What makes Stark Risk different from other risk consultancies?
Quite simply, we are an agile firm of highly skilled and well qualified risk practitioners who have spent most of their careers working in industry within risk management roles. We provide the highest quality and broadest range of risk services and resources to satisfy all our clients needs in one place - all at the most affordable prices, to the highest standards and with the best understanding of your business needs. We know what works well and what doesn't work; and, how to adapt/respond quickly and safely. We also plan and integrate risk management to support strategic objectives and to facilitate sustainable growth, whilst helping protect against the downside.
4 What is the shortest and longest engagement you would consider?
We would consider any length of engagement. It also doesn't need to be for consecutive periods - it could be you need someone for a day a week or a day a month. Regardless of the frequency or duration of engagement we are confident that we can accommodate your needs and requirements in a timely and professional manner, to the highest standard.
5 How big is the team, do you have additional resources available?
We have a small, but growing, team of risk professionals with additional resources available for a variety of projects and engagements. This allows us to more effectively manage our costs, keeping costs down for clients, whilst giving us the ability to scale up quickly to meet the needs of new and existing clients.
6 What professional bodies are you affiliated with?
We subscribe to and are certified members of many different associations and institutes, the main ones are:
- The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) - www.theirm.org
- The Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA) - www.prmia.org
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) - www.garp.org
- The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA Global) - www.iia.org.uk
- The Institute of Interim Management (IIM) - www.iim.org.uk
- Association of Internal Control Practitioners (AICP) - www.theaicp.org
- The CQF Institute (CQF) - www.cqfinstitute.org
- Axelos (PRINCE2) - www.axelos.com
- The British Standards Institute (BSI) - www.bsigroup.com
7 How long has this company been running?
Stark Risk was set up and incorporated in 2018 by its founder Mike Stark. Mike started the company having worked in risk management for over 25 years with a number of different global companies, of all shapes and sizes. Mike wanted to offer quality risk management practitioner and advisory services to all companies and to do so at significantly better rates.
For more information, please go to About Us
8 What is your company registration number and VAT number?
- Company registration number: 11514412 - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house
- Date of incorporation: 13th August 2018
- Registered address: 8 Longcorft Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6EA, UK
- VAT registration number: 318 4911 96 - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs